Happy Slapsgiving to all of you wonderful people out there. Here’s what I’m thankful for.
- Amy Poehler.
“I have a part in Beige Swan. I’m going to be the lead, but I don’t dance. I just do a lot of sitting down. It’s too tiring to get up and dance around. That should be coming out in 20-never.”
“I get worried for young girls sometimes; I want them to feel that they can be sassy and full and weird and geeky and smart and independent, and not so withered and shriveled.”
“I cannot stress enough that the answer to life’s questions is often in people’s faces.”
“Listen. Say yes. Live in the moment. Make sure you play with people who have your back. Make big choices early and often.”
“I’ve always dreamed of growing up to be Amy Poehler.”
And, best of all, “I went to Boston College, which some call ‘The Harvard of Boston.'”
Sometimes I get BC Alumni emails and I remember that Amy gets them too, and I feel infinitely cooler.
- Leslie Knope, because she makes me want to be better. “I just said ‘Let’s get to work.’ How else do people enjoy things?”
- Adam Scott’s lyrical analysis of “Ice Ice Baby” on Conan.
- Joe Biden on Parks and Rec. Joe Biden debating. Joe Biden the SNL character.
- Michael Vartan in these Alias bloopers.
- Eliana and Alex Freaking Wong’s “Bang Bang” routine.
- Interviews with Jennifer Lawrence.
- Photos of David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel.
When the Packers fell apart in the playoffs in January, I was straight-up inconsolable for three days. Then I looked at a series of photos of David and Emily being adorable together. Like, y’all, friendship is real (and so very, very attractive). I’m all full of sunshine and sexy nerd glasses.
- October 19th.
- Anything that involves Nick Miller and an old man.
- Happy Endings. I started watching it last weekend and was hooked by the opening credits.
- Bossypants–still my favorite bedtime read, airplane read, and read read.
Feel free to share your own pop culture gratitude! Now bring on the turkey coma.