Bones fans, we might have a long summer ahead of us, but let’s not forget that our characters are total badasses. We’ve got this.
121. King of the Lab.
126. “These bones you bring me. I give them a face. I say their names out loud. I return them to their loved ones, and you arrest the bad guy. I like that.”
127. We did it.
128.”It was all of us. Every single one. You take one of us away and you and Hodgins are in that hole forever. And I’m thankful for that.”
128. “You won’t fail in front of her.”
129. Booth doesn’t owe you any favors.
130. Oh snap, Arastoo.
The Crusades, the Inquisition—are these events guided by a religion of peace? No, they were guided by self-important men who think they know more than the God they claim to worship. This was not the work of religion. It was arrogance. It was hypocrisy. It was hate. Those horrible men who hijacked those planes hijacked my religion that day, too. They insulted my God. So no, this isn’t too difficult. It’s a privilege to be able to serve this victim, to show him the care and love that was so absent that day.
132.”I think it’s pretty clear what I’ve done.”
133.”This land belongs to Seeley Booth.”
134. “Perhaps you’re the murderer.”
137. “Science should look in all directions.”
138. “You just basically said that aliens are nice anthropologists.”
140. “I’m taking the first.”
141. “Well, then I have no choice but to take up the piano.”
142. “You’re not a bad anything.”
143. “It’s a guy hug.”
144. “I’ve stood over death with her, faced down death with her.”
145. “I don’t want you to kill people for me. Just buy me a sweater like a normal dad.”
146. “I find it interesting that I’m only afraid of snakes when Booth is around to be jumped upon.”
147. “You do know the difference between strength and imperviousness, right?”
148. Brennan: Send backup. I’m going in.
Angela: You just lied your ass off to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Hodgins: That is so hot.
149. “I’m with Bones, Cam. All the way. Don’t doubt it for a second.”
150. “Because. They think they get away with it. They burn their victim. They blow him up. They toss him in the ocean. They bury him in the desert. They throw ’em to wood chippers. Sometimes, you know, years go by. They relax. Then they start living their lives like they didn’t do anything wrong. Like they didn’t spend somebody else’s life in order to get what they got. They think they’re safe from retribution. You make those bastards unsafe. That’s why I’m nice to you.”
And with that, I’m off to track down a glass of cold water and maybe a fan.