Yesterday a number in the corner of my TV screen informed me that there are 202 episodes of The X-Files and I almost cried, partially because I’m so proud to live in a world that created 202 episodes of a show about sexy people catching aliens, partially because I never want it to end, and partially because I want to watch the whole series right now, all at once. Are there paying positions available for this sort of thing?
While I wait for my dream job to open up, Scully and Mulder will move closer to various beds without making out on them.
Times Mulder and Scully should have made out in this week’s batch of episodes:
- Note that when you put the title of this episode in quotation marks, it’s like mocking the idea of personal space.
- That golf cart ride through the corridors of NASA is really taking a while. Maybe there are ways Mulder and Scully could fill the time.
- Scully expresses sarcastic excitement. “Yeah, ranks right up there with getting a pony and learning to braid my own hair.”
- Mulder wants to unlock the doors of the universe.
- “I didn’t order room service.”
- “The last detail starring Daaaana Scullyyyy.”
- Max tries to shake Scully’s hand and Mulder body checks him, because that’s what partners do.
- “Enigmatic.” It’s only ok when Mulder says it.
- Fox Mulder casually and unironically wears a plum polo shirt, and in another world, Scully kisses him for it and takes him on a date to a country club and they both celebrate living in the 90s.
- Scully looks into something just because Mulder believes it, and Mulder asks for Scully’s medical opinion because he trusts it. They LEARN from each other, you guys.
- “Good luck.” “I’ll break a leg.”
- “What’s a girl?” Linger in that doorway just a little bit longer, and maybe you’ll find out.
- I’m fully convinced that Scully and Mulder actually share one pair of fetching wire-rimmed spectacles. What they want to do when they exchange them is their business.
- They make a lot of significant eye contact when they receive matching panic buttons, because that’s a normal thing to do on a date.
- “I just wanted to open the car door for you.”
- “I’m sure I locked it.” “Must be an X file.” Oh you’re punning on the title of the show GET A ROOM.
- “Oh is that what you were extending?”
- THEY CALL EACH OTHER WATSON AND SHERLOCK.
- There is so much concerned touching.
- She’s at his bedside, he’s shirtless, and nobody’s complaining.
- Mulder puts on a robe when his British Plot Device shows up, but with Scully he’s completely comfortable walking around in his boxers. If someone could send help, that would be great.
- Scully woos him with her British accent.
“Beyond the Sea”
- Mulder calls her Dana in times of great emotional intensity.
- “I love this job.”
- When Mulder’s life hangs in the balance, Scully would tear down anything to save him. They can’t make out while he’s unconscious, but special mention needs to be made of the LOVE in her voice when she insists, “It may be a cold dark place for you, but it’s not for Mulder.” Scully SEES MULDER’S SOUL and she is VOUCHING FOR IT.
- Hospital bedside make out, please, because of the soul-vouching.
- “You need anything from the feed store?” YES I NEED YOU TO FIND THE NEAREST HAY BALE.
- The map is a metaphor for something.
- Mulder keeps his arm protectively around Scully after he pulls her away from Andrew.
- This wheat field is a secluded place to get lost for a while.
- Scully doesn’t question for one second the fact that Mulder got her a birthday card. She doesn’t say, “You shouldn’t have,” or, “You didn’t have to do this.” She just says, “You’re two months early.”
- I really hope she heard this through the phone.
- “For those of you who don’t know already, this one’s important to me, so let’s do it right.” They’re not in the same room, but it deserves a mention.
- HE RESCUED YOU. GO TO HIM, SCULLY.
“Young at Heart”
- Put Mulder’s dinosaur egg tie in the water. Make little foam dinosaurs, and maybe draw a bath with them.
- These two are TOP NOTCH at the walk and talk.
- He touches the small of her back at lot.
- Scully slowly removes her glasses to face down danger.
- INTENSE EYE CONTACT
- “Tells you a lot about the book, doesn’t it?” Yes, defy the system together, you two.
I’m really enjoying the closeness of these close encounters. Until next week!